Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello fire alarm!


What a week! My baptism by fire at work continues as assignments pile up and deadlines approach. Meanwhile, I learn the language of the law, painstakingly slowly at times, but I am learning.
Work was very difficult this week. I think we put in close to 50 hours in four days. There were several points during the week were I just wanted to cry, I was so frustrated. I was telling Brittney, not understanding what is expected in terms of assignments at times is like having a giant army ready to dominate the other, but having to wait for someone to put up a bridge to cross a tiny river. That might not make sense to anyone but myself though. Sorry.
Anyway, I learned that it's natural to be a little (or quite a bit) overwhelmed at the beginning of any great endeavor. I've already invested a lot in this experience, and plan on continuing to do so. So, it's all worth it.
On a lighter note, I made dinner tonight for dinner group and hopefully we don't all get sick tomorrow. Oh, and I set the fire alarm off for the building because I guess I kind of forgot to open a window as I was cooking. Now I have "street cred" for being the first one at the Barlow Center this semester to pull that off.

P.s. I have NO idea how the Vikings or the Colts are doing right now.
And this picture by the way, was taken as a tribute to the arts. Yay for sculptures and fountains and free museums.

1 comment:

  1. lol... I wish I could have been there for the fire alarm incident. next time.

    ReplyDelete